Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Korea Preview...

... I just got back from Korea and am still a little jet-lagged, so I will make my next Africa post next week. But to tide you over, here is a preview from my journey to the motherland.

First and foremost, I would like to plug the blog of our gracious host, and new friend for life, Mary, Seoul Searching. It's being picked up by 10 Magazine Korea, so to say that the literary content is of the finest interest and quality is not hyperbole.

On to the good stuff. Eric did his best Andrew Zimmerman impression.


This is me at Panmunjom in the DMZ (the most heavily armed border in the world), with literally one foot in South Korea and the other foot in North Korea. The fat guy is completely in North Korea. Sucka.

IMGP2498

We tried to do Homer's "now I'm in Australia, now I'm in America" impression, but ran out of time. I suppose it's fitting that the only versions of it I could find on Youtube were in Spanish and French.

This is where the King used to fish in the Secret Garden of Changdeok Palace. Just to prove we did something cultural.

IMGP2565

And last but not least, Korean baseball and those cursed Thundersticks.


A frothy beverage goes to the first person to comment who the chant is for (HINT: it's like dodging cubs).


No comments:

Post a Comment